Sunday, February 19, 2012

Where the U's went

Brian, regarding the Q's: I believe the history is that the British colonized the area and and stole all the U's to insert them into words such as harbour and colour, etc. - and that's why there aren't any U's left for Arab words such as "Qatar" or "al qaeda," for example.  I think all the U's are on display in the British MUseUm.  But I could be wrong.  Perhaps some U's are still hanging around your home to provide your humans with cat Urine. As in: Urine a lot of trouble 'cause U P'd on the bed?
(Oh, by the way, when I say "colonized the area" I don't mean ;   it's : all the way.)

2 comments:

  1. Dexter, when the British wanted to see the lands they colonized from a distance, did they do so with a colonoscopy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me that word looks like "Colobus copy." Which makes me think of Christopher Colobus. And I think HE used an old fashioned telescope like that, which he kept in his "sextent." But that's another story...

    ReplyDelete